- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tofu block, cubed
- 1/2 Onion, sliced
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 5-8 Shrimp (If using frozen shrimp, thaw before cooking.)
- 5 Asparagus stalks, cut into thirds or halved depending on size
- 2 Stalks scallions, cut into thirds
- 1 Tablespoon oyster Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon hoison Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 Teaspoon sugar
- Black pepper and salt to taste
- 1 Bundle vermicelli noodles
- Sriracha sauce (Optional)
In a large bowl, soak noodles in cold water for about 10 minutes.
Boil hot water in a teapot. Line a plate with paper towel. Set aside.
In the meantime, heat a wok or large frying pan and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add tofu, salt and pepper. Cook until golden. Remove from pan and set on top of plate lined with paper towel.
In the same pan or wok, add 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, onions and red pepper flakes Saute until onions are opaque. Add shrimp. Cook until shrimp is slightly opaque. Add asparagus. Cook until shrimp is pink. Add scallions, all sauces and sugar. Season with black pepper and salt.
Putting It All Together
Back to the noodles. Drain the water from the bowl. Add the boiling water and let it sit for about 2 minutes. Watch it carefully so that it’s not overdone. Once the noodles are al dente, drain the water. Add the noodles to the shrimp. Add tofu. Toss and serve.
Add sriracha if you’re the spicy the type.